Thursday, October 25, 2007

Nyquil ...a cure all??? Gimme a break!







I feel somewhat livid about people saying NyQuil is a cure all. I wish it was so that the magic green liquid would cure anyone in one easy gulp. No so my friends! I have tried it yet another time and found it to be ineffective at curing my cold. However successful at making me feel rather drugged! (and giving me WEIRD dreams) I turned to the walk in clinic this morning to bring relief into my life. Along with the 2 other patients (Emma and Erik), we piled into the car for our 3 for 1 doctors visit. We came out with 3 diagnosis's, and 2 prescriptions. Mamma has sinusitis, Erik has -yet again, ear infections, and lill' Emma has tonsillitis. Emma is more less fine, actually had her looked at for headaches?, but found out she has tonsillitis. (Not gonna worry about her) Erik is crabby, dripping snot over everything while he coughs up a lung as he plays. Me, well my nose is raw, head is clogged and throat sore. I am keeping hope alive for a nap or good night's sleep, if that fails the wish of a better tomorrow is always there!


How can a stupid cold make someone so miserable! I am thoroughly, completely, utterly convinced man was never EVER meant to be sick! It is all wrong.


Slightly convicted I sit and write this blog. Thinking of my friend Connie's "thankful" blog. I think mine would be my complaining blog today..........no I think it a mixture of complaining and venting. But regardless. I will now clear my conscience, and remind myself of the good things.
Thank you Lord

............it only took an hour and a half at the doctor's office today. (could have taken twice that long)

...........for Walgreens, drive thru pharmacy (and All the Swedes laugh)
...........for Julia's teacher at school, who cares alot about her progress (great Parent Teacher conf. today)
...........for the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks that has truly blessed me this season. (if anything heals all things I would put money on the Latte over NyQuil any day)

...........that we are NOT going to be sick forever, and that Your healing is ours today.

............Soon today is over and the Mercy will be new in the morning.



So thank you for enduring this blog. It was like my pity party, slap on the wrist and kick in the butt all in one!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Mmmm...gotta love the pumpkin spice latte. My favorite! I'm sorry you guys are sick. NO FUN. I've done the walk in clinic with three kids before...I totally understand how "fun" that is. Call if you need anything! 449-0658!