I could rattle off a bunch of "you know you have lived in Oklahoma to long when" sayings which I think I have a good stash of. But I am to tired. I felt the need to share with my readers what I have done.
I used the word "fixin'" today. I said to Peter that "Erik is........(and the only word my head would give me is "fixin",)...fixin' to burn his hand". I said it cuz I truly couldn't think of another word.Sigh. what is next people am I going to cut off the TV??? And all the Swedes say "ugh???"Never mind. Southern slang lang. lesson to come. Stay tuned.
I give up ya'll , I am fixin' to go to bed. Good Night!
4 comments:
.... men Tammy, snart förstår jag inte vad du säger ... du kanske måste skriva både svensk och "slang-engelska" blogg. Men jag förlåter dig! Det kansek är så att JAG ska lära mig slang uttryck istället :)
Älskar dig i alla fall väldigt MYCKET!!!
Well, ya don der did it! Aint no turnin back now.. Ya'll gonna be goin on like the Okkie hillbilly's by time ya head um up an move'm out e okkiville....
O da burdins ya gotta bare when ya gotta en ear fer language...
Oh I can so relate!! That's a big joke we have with some friends of ours that aren't from Oklahoma that his wife said Fixin' and he just started asking her "what in the world is that...??" Welcome to the world of Okie's!! But my husband (a true Texan) says he won't become an okie until he's lived here longer than he lived in Texas!
I enjoy reading your blog, it's really cracked me up several times!
Thanks-
Rachel
HAHA!,jag glömmer snart svenskan!Hälsa familjen!
Post a Comment