Thursday, October 18, 2007

Caught not taught

Don't let the moment pass you by!


I sat yesterday and listened to our Pastor in Tulsa, Pastor Billy Jo Daugherty at a staff meeting. I felt the Lord remind me I was in a unique moment. One that is rarely had but when experienced and caught will be a life long lesson. For those that have heard on the news the ORU lawsuits and all the happenings around it you have heard a part of what is going on. President Richard Roberts stepped down temporally and Pastor Billy Jo will be acting president and Chancellor Oral Roberts will be back in a leadership role too. Thru a dark time Pastor stood and addressed us all about the situation. I can't imagine what it is like for any of the leaders I have named above, to shoulder what they do. The grace and humbleness which I Pastor Billy Jo has handled the events of the past weeks. Truly has been a life lesson. I realized that this lesson is caught not taught. I will watch the lesson of servant hood, humbleness and forgiveness be walked out, not just "taught out". Maybe that is why it is hard to express in writing how or what it was that affected me.

I choose to learn everyday. My classroom being the pathway which I walk. My teachers are those God has placed in my life. Family,friends, bosses, Pastors, mentors. All unique and none better than the other. All have something to give. Learn each day, take the lesson to heart grow and change.

Don't miss what God wants you to learn TODAY!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Amen! I could not agree more. I will lift them up in my prayers.

On another compltetly different note...give me a call and I can come by and get those bags sometime...449-0658.

Connie