While the primer is still drying and I sit waiting to slap on some polar bear white paint, I will rant and rave about my trip to walmart. I pull up in the parking lot to witness a young mother, with a very stern look on her face yell at her 5 or 6 yr old kid. Then slaps him in the head, I guess that was not enough. The guy with her gives him a sharp smack to the forhead. Yes he was lipping off a bit, at least he was giving some attitude. I caught the mom's stare a few times and held my ground. Staring a little longer than I should have with a stern look back. I went about my business pondering it all. So what good is public humilition to a child? What kid of mother acts likes she is a bully on a playground? Come on America, get some spanking and child beating reform! I am for deiscipling your children- but somewhere it has crossed the line! Especially in the Christian culture, when preachers give spanking sermons and the crowds whail in applause! It is so wrong to hear about getting beat with belts and blablabla and the crowd is clapping- hello twilght zone!
My time in over seas has changed me. Living somewhere- where spanking is a crime you think differently. I am not for sending your dogs to obiedence school and letting the kids run wild- BUT I don't think spanking is a cure all! More so than not is one thing-A lack of patience from the parent! When with a differnt form of communication can bring a BETTER result.I think as I shop and as I wait in line I see a 12 or 13 yr old boy holding some gum and asks his mom to buy it. She is mad and says NO, I told you already- the sister who is older maybe 14 grabs something and pushes the button with her mother. The mom's reply (only in america folks!) " IF YOU DONT PUT THAT BACK I GONNA POP YOU SO HARD IT GONNA BREAK YOUR NOSE!" Not sure who was more embarassed me or the kids. She turned as thought nothing of it. I wish I could say this is a rare happening - but no I see it once a week or so at the store. I am not up on the soap box saying how you should or shouldnt disipline your kids. I am not saying I have never spanked my kiddos.
I am saying that in we are to teach our kids not break them. Remember each child differnt in their own way learns differntly. For everyones sake please down humiliate the little ones in public-go somewhere private and deal with it.
I think the paint is dry and I will go paint.
2 comments:
Good speach Tammy! It would be good if parents thought more about the "golden rule" that Jesus gave the world: What you want others to do to you, you shall do to them.
Love you!abh
Yeah, there is a major difference between DISCIPLINE and ABUSE.
Post a Comment