Saturday, July 12, 2008

Everyday Highlights

Just some random funniest from our house.

I have had to explain nausea and pregnancy joys to the kids. They saw a picture of a little baby about ours size. Explained that the baby eats into it's belly button. Emma refers to the baby eating as " the baby eats from the tail not mommies boobies" Always a nice crowd breaker, eh???

I have been throwing up so much they all know the drill, tonight on her own I might add...Emma knocked on the bathroom door and said " Mommy I brought you a glass of water". This time I did not tell her to leave me alone, I just smiled and took the token of love. Later at bedtime she told us she thought she would puke too...and 2 very fake coughs and a groan later?? We didn't buy it. Either did she.

Erik has learned a new word thanks to Christina. "Nerd". So being his speech is like a normal 2 yr old he calls alot of us "terd". That's going get us in trouble.

Julia and Emma felt the need to point out at Famous Dave's the big wooden bear statue's "manhood" to Erik...look Erik he has a ..............I caught them there and was like...go play somewhere else.

This summer has been filled with new words, gestures and lots of other things. All keep it very entertaining for us.

HOLM HIGHLIGHT::::::
And the best time yet was last night...a night for just mom and dad! We got to go a hotel for the night to one of the coziest places. Park City! Of course I forgot my camera. We ate alot and made a promise of no stressing to be any where. Found a lake in the mountains to have a picnic by. We drove thru the mountains finding lots of fun places to visit with the kids. And most of all enjoyed alot of quite time.Didn't hurt we found a great chocolate factory for some snacks!

I have to admit having Christina hear is so wonderful and to think she is going home in a week and a half is hard! Especially for me and all my hormones. She had all the kids frosting sugar cookies upon our arrival. It was so cute, and delicious.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for your sake, that you could have these hours free for a date with your husband! Yes, there are many reasons for thanking God for Christina. A friend in need!
How nice with Emma - wanting to help you when you were filling sick! give her a hug from farmor - to all of you actually.

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys struck the gold mine with a live-in babysitter during a move with 3 kids and a barfing mom! I know you'll do fine with it gets back to real life! Oh, and by the way- Cornelious- Corny has a girlfriend. She's a friend of mine here in Norway!

Unknown said...

Ok, here goes writing the comment again...
Looks like you guys struck a gold mine with a live-in babysitter during a move to a new place, 3 kids and a barfing mom....you'll do fine when you wake up from this dream, I'm sure.
Guess what? Your Chinese friend Cornelious has a girlfriend here in Norway, she's a friend of ours here in Fredrikstad! Small world!

Unknown said...

ok- looks like my first comment went through after all...uff da! I'm really not in love with blogspot!

Anonymous said...

Reading what you write always fills me with love

P

Sarah said...

I laughed so hard at "terd" that apple pieces flew out of my mouth on the keyboard. Thanks for the joy!