Friday, September 3, 2010

A photo buffet of Sweden-"ojojo va gott!"

I didn't know how to showcase all the complete wonderful goodness from this solo trip to Sweden! For those who haven't been keeping up on fb or here-yes I did. 10 days alone to Sweden! Everyone is asking how was it? My answer is simple.
Sheer Heaven.

I love taking pictures and this is one of my favorite spots in downtown Uppsala. The Cathedral is gorgeous inside and out. I am hoping to get this or another pic like it enlarged for our living room.

Johan & Malin and Milly swinging away as we strolled to Cafe Linne for some fika.


Chillaxin' with my niece and nephew by the river.


Here are a few pictures from a big outdoor market in downtown Stockholm.
Mushrooms =)
Doesn't get more typically Swedish than this folks!

Blueberries, the proper size.


How cool are these! I would so buy a orange pair and wear them and probably cause a 3 way car crash and have to write in the police report that my cool glasses made me slightly blind. BUT I looked hot when it happened!



The gold man, not sure of his story but Frida gave me some change and I took a pic with him. He was slightly freaky and was holding me a bit to hard not to mention one could have gotten high on the spray paint smell he was sporting!

dear friends-Frida and Julia....do you think they are related?


Malin and her kiddos - they are so cute!


Marielund down by the dock for a swim


Stockholm's Streets


The last picture will be the end of me, these girls are going to kill me! But my best friend Therese only got in ONE PICTURE in my camera! Shame on me SERIOUSLY. Again how Swedish is this fika outside in the evening-that is one thing I miss about Swedish culture-FIKA!

I got to stay with Therese and Johan and Malin. Wonderful hosts and lots a great talks and hanging out time! I got to enjoy there kids in new ways since I didn't have to run after my own. Thank you guys for making my trip really cozy and relaxing!
Also- It was such a blessing to get to hang out with Julia and Frida (of course the hubbies and kids incl.). While we all have lived over the span of the world over the last 10 yrs we have managed to remain friends which is really special. I love their storytelling and laughter it is like medicine!

So that was it in a nutshell.
Sheer Heaven.

No comments: