Thursday, June 25, 2009

I will just be me

I can't be that, yet a thought says I should
It would feel like being a wrinkled up carbon copy of some sort
I could try a million times to smooth it out
Every quirk that makes me, Me

The green grass of the other side
Makes my complexion a bit dull and my mind puzzled
My feet are tired, don't really like to stand and stare

The constant reminders come as whispers and shouts
To move quickly back towards the mirror
The Light is perfect the image fades

Embracing me alone
Every imperfection, every fault
Giggling at way I have glanced so quickly past
The beauty inside, peeking sheepishly out

I long for the balance
Between glimpses and shadows
Reflecting on the victory
Telling of the challenge

Rallying myself again
A steadfast reminder
I will just be me

2 comments:

Ricci said...

Love it!

Dad said...

Absolutely brilliant!!