Friday, March 7, 2008
Backseat conversations
Ever a dull moment, that includes the car rides! As just "the girls" ventured out last night to pick up a few bday gifts for cousins and craft project material I got to hear a cute one. Before we could get down the street the hollers from the backseat are..."Backyardagins" from Julia then Emma shouts no "SWEDISH". Well, the closest to "Swedish " I had was our Pastor from Sweden preaching.....in english? So amazingly enough they enjoy hearing preachers preach, cuz that is Mommy and Daddys sunday school, just FYI. So if anyone has heard Pastor Ulf Ekman preach before especially when he is excited about something...he kinda shouts. And the phrase he started happily shouting was "God LOVES this earth". I hear Emma is trying to copy every word. But I hear Emma chanting fromt he back seat doing a very good Pastor Ulf impression. Except she heard something differnt "God LOVESSS Dessert"!! All the way into the Christian bookstore she is greeting passers by with "God LOVESSS dessert" in male tone of voice! With Mom in hand acting like nothing is weird and just saying.."Amen!, He does love Dessert!" I later had to be a party pooper and tell them both what he said..Julia was convinced that it was "God loves "da" verse". Mini cat fight over who was right! I think my girls have inherited my keen ability to imitate people. Let's pray there gift will be used wisely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I will try to tell pastor Ulf or his wife about the interpretation of his english. But I am sure - God loves also desserts. I wish I was there to hear her dark voice. :) They are jsut so cute! Love you all!
Post a Comment