Monday, December 13, 2010

Lucia-i Salt Lake City!

Lucia Program
Swedish Heritage Society
Dec. 11th 2010



Midsommar at Ikea we ran into this group and were thrilled to get in touch with other Swedes living in the valley. We attended Lucia with them last year and it was so nice! So the kids participated this year and totally got into it! I got the chance to be in the small choir, which was a blast to sing again I miss that so much!



I think our camera is on the fritz! Focus is not the greatest on these but you can see the kids! Peter was on Frank duty in the audience then went out to find our kids after they were done so that is all the pictures we got of the night. I will post a video clip on facebook soon!





I must confess that I did miss having the normal "family" cheering section in the crowd. Typical Christmas Program stuff. I guess I am slow to realize stuff like that, geez we have only lived away from family for 6 years! I guess since Ann-Britt has lived with us alot it has felt like family has taken part in things.





All the kids did great, knew the parts. Sang very good in Swedish (even when mixin up tre och three and se och see) Music to our ears to hear the kids singing and thinking in Swedish again.






Glad Luciadagen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I Love it! I love it!
When I am coming next time we have to speak Swedish with the kids!
It must have been such a fun Lucia-day for all of you! I love YOU ALL!
farmor